Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Back on the Horse

So, needles to say, I have had no time to blog anything since oh I dunno some months ago I guess. Well with buying a new house, packing, moving, work, home, etc there has been no time...especially if I'd like to get to bed at a decent time And no, blogging at 10:30 p.m. is not decent bed time material. Anyway, I have also had little time to train for anything. We essentially have been packing/moving and doing fix up the new house work since the end of March. So, lets just say my 25K did NOT happen in May! That's twice now I've missed it! ugh!

Oh well, so the last few weeks I've made a point to get out and start my pre-race training schedule. Which means building up my base mileage again, remembering my mistakes of the past and how to eat right and shed my 'not in marathon training any more lbs'. Its amazing how quick that 'one extra bite' translates into lbs. quick if you're not moving. Lesson learned!

I have so far now committed to a 10K on Jun 11...first ever 10K distance and also first ever trail race...so it should be fun...though I hear the beginning and end is a huge hill....awesome! I have also committed to a 30 mile bike ride in Aug., and possibly an adventure 5K at the end of Jul and of course I plan to begin training for my fall marathon(still have to decide GR or Detroit) in the fall. They're on the same day. We are also making the trek to Copper Harbor for Chris' Copperman triathlon in Early Aug and there's a sprint tri at the end of Jul I'm tossing around the idea of doing....on my hybrid....which I am in no way pepared for...so doubt that will happen.

Regardless, we seem to have quite the summer coming up, so I am excited! Well mostly. My back and hip still feel tweaked so I need to put in some serious core work in all my free time(note heavy sarcasm) to get me through this year hopefully injury free. At least now I know the signs...but seriously I wish I had more time for yoga to stretch out this tightness. Ugh. I think I may be living on my foam roller in the near future.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. Flirt with Dirt on Jun 11 should be fun! Any and all come join me!

Cheers!
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment