Friday, January 6, 2012

Who Stole my Motivation?


Its been 4 weeks since my last post according to Blogger. ugh! Where does time go?

You know, I'm noticing a pattern here.....that most of my blogs of late include an "Oh My Gosh its Been Sooo Long since my Last Post Line". How annoying. But whatevs, such is life I guess. I'm just as predictable as the next guy I suppose.

Well, I guess this post is sort of an "I'm so annoyed at myself post". I am annoyed that I was feeling great over break and thought my preggo symptoms were about gone. Enter this week at work. Its all I can do to get out of bed in the morning, put in a full day and then get home to make dinner. Thanks goodness for Chris. He's been so good at getting Ethan in bed every night so I can just go to bed myself or have a little down time before bed.

Note: this down time this week has not consisted of one iota of running, walking, yoga or anything remotely resembling exercise. This is why I'm so annoyed.

No, I had planned to go to prenatal Yoga on Wed, but felt too nauseous by the time I got home...so I made dinner and then made a last minute trip to Kohls to actually buy something to wear the next day for work. Annoyance number 2.....all of my clothes are either too small(my non-preggo clothes)...or too big(previous preggo clothes). Either that or I'm just way more picky about fashion this time around than I was before. Who knows?

My kryptonite.
Then last night I was planning to get on the treadmill no matter how I felt once Ethan went to bed. Yeah,that didn't happen. By the time he got to bed...I felt Chris and I needed some time. So, instead I plopped on the couch to watch the first episode of Biggest Loser for this season with...wait for it.... Haagen Dazs! Yes, my awesome husband got me ice cream(unsolicited) when he went out for diapers.Something feels so deliciously devious about watching people sweat their butts off while I indulge in my awesome snack....is that wrong?

Anyway, I am hoping to make up for my moments of weakness this week tonight and this weekend with some serious sessions on the treadmill.
After all, I don't want to dread getting on the doc's scale in 2 weeks. Plus, I feel so much better when I make myself just do it.

So, I'm feeling essentially like a fashion-less lump this week. Really good for my self esteem..can you tell?
But, much like this season's biggest loser episode's motto.....no more excuses! So, with that I'm going to get my preggo butt moving! And hey, at least I'm logging all of my indulgences in 'MyFitnessPal", so that's gotta count for something right?

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could go clothes shopping with ya. Don't knock yourself for being unmotivated. You're growing another human being afterall! This is the time in your life when it is ok to sit on the couch and eat icecream. Not that fitness isn't important and blah, blah, blah.... But you are in shape & healthy to begin with so don't be too hard on yourself. Besides when that little bean decides to pop out, you won't be getting any breaks for quite some time. So take this "You" time and enjoy it. Before you know it, your running routine will be chasing after a toddler and a baby. Hehe... families of 4 are so much fun!!! Btw: are you buying a double-BOB?

    ReplyDelete