Friday, July 26, 2013

Tri Jitters

I really don't know what's wrong with me. I've been training for this tri on Sunday for a while, I know how to swim(mostly), know how to bike (decently), and I can run ok. So, why can I not shake this feeling of anxiety? I am normally pretty relaxed before a race. But this started like Monday this week. I can literally feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins any time I think about the darn race. Maybe its the swim doing it to me, since that's my biggest unknown....I'm doing my final swim tonight hoping to just calm my nerves a little.

I think maybe its because in the back of my mind, I'd really love to do well (like top 5 AG) for my first one. I know that's probably unlikely, but still. How cool would it be to do good first time out? So, there's that. Maybe if I let go of that I'll calm down. But, I have a hard time not thinking about a race as competitive. I mean that's why they call it a race right? Sigh. Everyone tells me a 1/2 marathon is harder than a sprint tri....somehow I feel like that's not true.

Well, hopefully I'll find a healthy way to shake these nerves before Sunday.

Cheers,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment