Thursday, May 6, 2010

Give and Take

So, I set off this spring to do a 25K...the riverbank run this weekend. It coincided with my niece's 5th birthday also in GR, so it sounded like a great plan. However, after misisng my last 4 long runs in a row....due to either E's ears, people coming into town or life in general just getting in the way, I've decided to not do it after all. Could I do it? Yes, I beleive so. However, there would be a price to pay...and usually that is me ending up injured. So, I will adjust my goal and hopefully hit a 1/2 mary sometime in the next month or so instead...and continue my journey to a full marathon this fall in D-town as planned.

It is so hard to give up a goal...however my ultimate goal I set out to do 4 years ago...maybe longer...can't quite remember when it was...is a marathon...and I really don't want to end up injured now and not be able to train for that adequately.

But, as with a lot of things lately, I'm trying to take it in stride, not freak out and just keep running. I feel good after my run tonight and will adjust my goals.

On the positive side at least I'm still shedding some lbs....so that's something at least.

Anyway, off to bed soon. Almost the weekend! Hip Hip hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment