Monday, January 3, 2011

Race in the New Year!

Well, here it is first blog of the year, though nothing too exciting...firstly, getting better about blogging a little more often. Secondly I am 6 days away from my 2nd marathon attempt...in Disney no less! So, tapering, tapering,tapering....and oh yeah a trip to PT tomorrow morning. I did something weird to my back this weekend and I've been having some back/hip pain....I think crashing on the futon with E after he was up in the middle of the night screwed me up...but no matter! To PT I go where they will work their magic! Nothing too huge, I think just a tight piriformis muscle again that's pressing on my sciatic nerve or something since I have tingling all the way down my leg from my back. Stretching def helps....but I'm not chancing ANYTHING! So, I'm going even though the logical side of me says its nothing. Failure is not an option!

But, not going to focus on the negative, focusing on the positive which is a long weekend away with Chris in FL and I am going to do great in this race.And have some fun! It has however given my some reservations about how I should finish this race. I had a time in mind before for Detroit(and still do for this one), but I am starting to think I should just go to finish...but I know I won't be happy with that. So, I really hope I finish(I could live with myself at least then) AND I would like to get under the number in my head(that would make me happy!). :o) So, we'll see. But if nothing else, I get to hang out in FL for a couple of days with Chris and hopefully hook up with my pal down there also doing this race.

That's all I will say for fear of jinxing it again....but I am getting excited! And hey, who doesn't like a 4 day work week just days after a holiday break? :o)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment