Sunday, January 16, 2011

Where to go from here? The marathon let down

Well, a week ago, I finally hit my target of completing my first marathon. I trained, I prepared and I trained some more. However, I didn't really prepare for after.....the recovery, the lack of runnng etc. I have been so focused on achieving that goal and training for better than 6 months, I've kind of forgotten what life is like without it. No long run this weekend? What? Its weird and I feel off. I can't explain it. Yes, I'm happy with my accompishment, but already I find myself anticipating races this coming spring and planning for them...I think I don't know how not to be on some kind of running schedule.

My plan has become to focus on core, core, core for the next couple of months with doing just some average length runs with a long run thrown in for spice. Hopefully this will keep me injury free this next running season. Then I need to read up on how to get faster. I've had a taste of races...and they're fun to run....but I would like to actually race one once....and see what its like to be more than middle-back of the pack. We'll see.....I've never been fast....but people can change right?

So, anyway now my inital week of recovery is over, I'm excited to get back to a routine again...this sitting around thing is killing me! I've already made plans to do the riverbank run(25K) this May...missed it last year.....I think injury or sickness kept me out...can't remember which.....and then Detroit this fall...and some shorter ones just for fun I think. Yes, I think I've found my addiction....running it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment