Sunday, January 30, 2011

Winter Wonderland!

Wow, I cannot beleive it has been 3 weeks since my race already. We have been busy! Fighting off colds, working, seeing friends, family etc. Life is soo good!

Today I got outside to get a nice run in. It was so weird. I went out without a goal...just to run on a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon! And it was glorious! Yes it was 22 degrees, but it was fun! I LOVE running outside. I haven't had a chance to hardly at all lately. My schedule, weather etc has kept me on the treadmill. Gag! I can't wait for better weather to get out more. Did I mention I love running outside?

Just something about stepping out your door and experiencing nature on your own two feet. Granted I probably could've used some spikes in a few spots, and there were plenty of potholes...but it was awesome! It gave my soul such a lift! Plus, a little vitamin D. :o) Who doesn't love that?


So, that aside, we had a  great family weekend at home. I got my runs in, Chris took Ethan sledding, we went shopping, to church, out for dinner with grandma, made cookies, got pizza, and tonight to top it off, Chris and E made a ginormous fort in the basement! We all had fun playing in it for a while. Kids are great...they keep you young in spirit if nothing else. I haven't 'played fort' since I was about 8 I think.

All in all we had a great weekend. I look forward to more!

No comments:

Post a Comment